We are delighted to offer nursery care for infants and toddlers, staffed by adult volunteers each week.
Children (Age 3 to Grade 5)
Our program for children begins in our sanctuary where children are a part of our worship with adults for the first 10 minutes. Our minister or Child and Youth Co-ordinator then has a brief conversation with the children, usually about a story from the Bible. The children then go to their own program which is experiential and could include drama, cooking, crafts, games, science and anything else Helen dreams up!
Youth (Grade 6 and up)
Youth Group at Trinity United is a fun, safe place to bring friends and meet new people. Not only is there fun, but also conversation about social issues and faith. The youth group meets regularly on days planned by the group to participate in a wide variety of activities including baking, movie nights, games, and a whole lot more. And, of course, we try to love, learn, and live by Christ’s teachings.
The music in our worship is a partner in the work of communicating the message and theme of the Bible passage, and invites us all into a journey of where we can deepen our faith. We draw upon a diverse repertoire including contemporary music, classical hymns, upbeat world music, gospel and more. Our belief is that the Spirit speaks to us through music and prayer as well as the sermon so that we, in turn, can reach out to each other and to the world beyond us.
We welcome you to sing in our choir or in the congregation, to simply listen , and/or to offer your gifts in playing a musical instrument. All ages and abilities are welcome to join in! There is a place for everyone in this ministry.
Sisters United is a small group of our congregation’s younger women who get together on a monthly basis after the second service to support each other, grow in faith together, and to reflect on and learn how God is working in our lives. Check the calendar for our next gathering. We hope that you will join us!
UCW – United Church Women
This long-standing group of women meet most months for worship, fellowship and service. Often there is a special speaker or presentation, and there are regular opportunities to raise money for various charitable organizations such as weaving milk-bag mattresses.
The UCW’s mission is to love God; foster Christian commitment, faithfulness, and spirituality; and promote respect and love for all God’s creation.
Throughout the year, various study groups are offered to explore and deepen our faith.
GPS (Grow, Participate and Serve)
Our GPS group is made up of individuals who are committed to growing in faith, seeking justice, responding to needs in the community, building relationships, encouraging wise stewardship of all resources, and acting out our call as Christians to love kindness, show mercy and walk humbly with God. This takes many forms, including dinners, having prayer partners, fundraising events such as a chili cook-off or live auction, and activities such as movie or games nights. Here are some latest examples:
- On the second Friday of each month we hold a community dinner for anyone who wishes to come. No fee is charged but a free-will offering can be made.
- Each fall we collect winter clothing which is distributed by Woolwich Community Services.
- During Lent, children and adults are paired as “Lenten Friends”. There are many opportunities to worship, play (eg bowling), eat, and interact
- Heavenly Eats Food Trucks: new for summer 2019, Trinity is taking its turn with other churches in the Elmira community to host 4 food trucks on Friday evenings. Check out Facebook Heavenly Eats Food Trucks for more information.
- #livingfaithfully is a group actively living out their faith. To date, the group has planted trees for Trees for Woolwich, and planted vegetables in “Nema’s Garden” at the church, hoping to have fresh vegetables for Community Can Dine dinners in the autumn. See Facebook #livingfaithfully for updates.
We are always sad to learn that someone had died. We would be honoured to hold your loved one’s funeral or memorial service at our church. Knowing that decisions can be difficult during a time of loss, we have prepared a brochure in order to help you plan the service. Please contact the office (see contact us page) to get your brochure.
|Not sure where you fit?|
|At Trinity we have lots of things happening – we want to help you find your way in. Please reach out and step into the spaces that inspire you the most. There is a place for you. If you have any questions – contact Susan in the Office.|